Hi everybody, I hope those of you that celebrate Easter had a great one!
For me the Easter break has meant that I haven’t been able to write blog post as soon as I would have liked, so here I am today to rectify that! To be honest I am still playing catch up with all the work that has accumulated in this short space of time – which is crazy isn’t it? It has only been a few days.
Therefore today I thought a kidney recipe would be the perfect addition to my blog to help you on your way to kidney health, and give me a little time up my sleeve to answer all the emails in my inbox!
Today I have a delicious chicken salad kidney recipe for you – this provides you with kidney beneficial protein (unlike red meat) and alkalising benefits.
Lemon Chicken and Potato Salad Kidney Recipe
- 250g green beans
- 400g peeled kipfler potatoes
- 400g chicken tenderloins or breast
- 1/2 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup natural plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tsp sumac (or lemon grated zest if not available)
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs pistachio kernels, chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, fresh
- Mix the oil, garlic, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of sumac in a bowl. Then put in the chicken to coat evenly. You may also like to place this bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- In boiling water, cook the potatoes for 10 minutes (or to your liking); in the last 3 minutes add the beans for cooking. Once all is cooked to your liking, take off the heat immediately, drain, then run under cold water to take out the heat, and then drain again.
- Grab another bowl and place the sumac (or grated lemon zest) and yoghurt within. Stir.
- Cut the potatoes into inch thick slices (or 2 cm), place them in the bowl, and then add the onion, mint, and beans.
- Season to taste. Mix gently.
- Heat a cooking grill (or frypan with a tablespoon of olive oil) and cook the chicken for 3 minutes each side (or until cooked through).
- Serve on plates and top with yoghurt mixture and pistachio nuts.
I hope you enjoy the kidney recipe, and live healthy!
About the Author: Hello, my name is Duncan Capicchiano, I am the owner and creator of KidneyCoach.com. My professional background is Naturopathy, and I am also an International Author and Researcher that specialises in the treatment and management of kidney disease. My most famous work in kidney disease is The Kidney Disease Solution Program. Lastly - but most importantly - I am the loving "father" of my two dogs Ruby and Pebbles, my horse Cossie, and husband to my beautiful wife, Fiona.